Monday, August 13, 2012

Nutella S'more Bars

That's right, you heard me...Nutella. S'more. Bars.  I think that says it all.  How could something with so many delicious individual parts be anything less than spectacular when combined??!!?  Well let me tell you, this recipe did NOT disappoint.  Unfortunately, I really can't take any of the credit for this one.  The brilliance came directly from Nikki at chef in training (via Pinterest of course).

(Please excuse the plate...I didn't cut these babies until I got to work this morning, and there weren't many options to choose from!)

I think these bars have all the right proportions that make this a winning recipe and a scrumptious bite.  The graham cracker cookie kicks it up a notch, and of course the Nutella goes without saying.  I'll have to work on the presentation of the bars as a whole though, because they weren't very appealing to the eyes before I cut them...but boy could I smell them ;)


Nutella S'more Bars
Yields an 8x8 pan of delicious bars!
Recipe from chef in training

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter - room temperature
  • 1/4 Cup brown sugar (I used golden brown because that's what I had on hand)
  • 1/2 Cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 Cups flour
  • 3/4 Cup graham cracker crumbs (I just put about 5 whole graham crackers in a Ziploc bag and went to town crushing them!)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 Cup Nutella
  • 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream/fluff
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
  3. Add in egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.
  5. Add dry mixture to butter/sugar mixture in 3 parts, mixing until combined after each time and scraping the sides of the bowl.
  6. Divide dough in half.  Mash half of the dough into the bottom of a greased 8x8 pan.
  7. Spread Nutella over the top of the dough.
  8. Carefully spread marshmallow cream over top of the Nutella.  (I found it easiest to drop dollops of the cream on top of the nutella and then lightly spread out the dollops.)
  9. Take the remaining dough and press pieces of it out in your hands, then lay the flat pieces on top of the marshmallow cream until the entire top is covered.
  10. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.  Let cool completely before slicing.  Mmm!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment